Here are some of my recent speaking opportunities, which were all a direct result of social media and social networking:
- Social Media Strategies for Small to Mid-Sized Law Firms – Legal Marketing Association (March 11, 2010)
- Yes, Lawyers need Publicists to (podcast) – PR Insider (January 29, 2010)
- Blogging, Twittering and Social Networking: The Opportunities and Risks of Using Cutting Edge Internet Resources for Practice Development – Virginia Bar Association Summer Meeting (July 24, 2009)
- Social Networking for Lawyers: A Roadmap for Success, Los Angeles County Bar Association Small Firm and Solo Practitioner Conference, (June 25, 2009)
- Online Social Networking Gets Professional: The Pitfalls v. The Rewards – ABANet Webinar (February 19, 2009)
- Social Media, Twitter & Law Firms (podcast) – Lawyer2Lawyer (October 29, 2008)
In addition to these speaking opportunities, there are the personal relationships I have developed. I have been asked to personally coach a few senior legal marketers to get them up to speed on social media.And I’ve had job offers.
As for my firm, we were in dire need of a presence on the Internet. By blogging, we’re able to differentiate some of our practices, and are now easily found via key search terms. Our strategy is evolving now that we have achieved our initial goals, and we have some nice announcements coming up.