Heather speaks on a variety of business development and marketing topics, such as:
Recent Articles and Presentations
- Panelist: Developing an Integrated PR and Marketing Strategy, Legal Marketing Association, Los Angeles, May 24, 2017.
- Co-Presenter: Generational Marketing: Strategies and Tactics for Engaging Different Generations, Association of Legal Administrators Annual Conference, April 3, 2017.
- Co-Presenter: The Generational Divide: Strategies for Leveraging Talent at all Levels, Legal Marketing Association, Kansas City, MO., November 17, 2017.
- Quoted: The generation divide between law firms and clients, Sandra Rubin, Lexpert, April 25, 2016.
- Co-Author: Generations at Work Techniques for Leveraging Law Firm Talent at All Levels, Heather Morse & Jonathan Fitzgarrald, Administrator’s Advantage, November/December 2015.
- The 9th Annual Blawg 100, ABA Journal, December 1, 2015.
- Quoted: Is there a generational divide in BigLaw? Only 3% of managing partners are from Gen X, ABA Journal, November 5, 2015.
Quoted: Graying Firms Wrestle With Making Room for Younger Lawyers, New York Times, November 4, 2015.
- Quoted: Study: Big Law Leaders Are Much Older Than Clients, Th-e American Lawyer, September 5, 2015.
- Panelist: Collaboration and Coexistence among Barristers and ‘Baristas’, Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference (April 13, 2015 | San Diego, CA)
- Co-presenter: The Total Package: Business Development Integration for Success, Law Firm Marketing & Business Development Leadership Forum sponsored by American Lawyer Media (November 12, 2014 | San Francisco, CA)
- Co-presenter: Generational Marketing: Strategies and tactics for engagement with Boomers, Gen Xers and Millenials, Legal Marketing Association Midwest Conference (October 23, 2014)
- Co-presenter: Generational Marketing: Strategies and tactics for engagement with Boomers, Gen Xers and Millenials, Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference (April 3, 2014)
- Generational Marketing: Strategies and tactics for engagement with Boomers, Gen Xers and Millennials, Legal Marketing Association-Bay Area Chapter (March 20, 2014)
- Law Firms Can and Must Conquer Their Generational Differences (YouTube recap)
- Purchase webinar here
- Why Lawyers Should Write Their Own Blog Posts, The Lexblog Network, October 31, 2013.
- Mapping Out Your Firm’s Content Strategy, Social Media For Law Firms 2013, Presented by The Hildebrandt Institute and West LegalEdcenter (June 11, 2013)
- Social Media: The How, What, Why and When – LawBiz® Practice Management Institute (April 21, 2012)
- Tech-Based Biz Dev Strategies – Kohn Communications teleconference (February 28, 2012)
- How Lawyers Can and Should Use Social Media – Pasadena Bar Association – Technology Section Event (September 27, 2011)
- A Practical Guide to Social Media for Lawyers – American Bar Association, Litigation Section Webinar (March 23, 2011)
- Social Networking/Media, Websites and Search Engine Optimization – Faculty, The CMOplaybook™ Personal Rainmaking System (2011)
- Beyond Print: Moving Marketing Communications into the Audio and Video Realms – Legal Marketing Association – Bay Area Chapter, 12th Annual Technology Program (September 22, 2010 – San Francisco, CA)
- Using The Web: Websites, SEO, and Social Media, Webinar for David Freeman Consulting Group (June 2010)
- What Happens in Vegas Stays on Facebook: Strategies – and Lessons Learned – to Help You Build and Develop Your Social Media Footprint, Los Angeles County Bar Association Small Firm and Solo Practitioner Conference, (June 18, 2010)
- Social Media Strategies for Small to Mid-Sized Law Firms – Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference (March 11, 2010 – Denver, CO)
- Yes, Lawyers need Publicists too (podcast) – PR Insider (January 29, 2010)
- Blogging, Twittering and Social Networking: The Opportunities and Risks of Using Cutting Edge Internet Resources for Practice Development – Virginia Bar Association Summer Meeting (July 24, 2009)
- Social Networking for Lawyers: A Roadmap for Success, Los Angeles County Bar Association Small Firm and Solo Practitioner Conference, (June 25, 2009)
- Online Social Networking Gets Professional: The Pitfalls v. The Rewards – ABANet Webinar (February 19, 2009)
- Social Media, Twitter & Law Firms (podcast) – Lawyer2Lawyer (October 29, 2008)
- Marketing to Marketers – Legal Marketing Association’s Annual Conference (March 14, 2008 – Los Angeles)
- Optimism Marketing: Market Like You Have a Multimillion-Dollar Budget, Even When You’re on a Shoestring – Legal Marketing Association’s Annual Conference (March 13, 2008 – Los Angeles)
- Conference Evaluation – LMA Annual, LMA Southwest