I went to bed last night so confused. It felt like Wednesday, but, no, it was only Monday night. Something tells me this is going to be a long week. Not only do we have to integrate the two firms, but I have homework for my leadership class (assignment due tomorrow), and I found out last night that my Girl Scout neighborhood treasury job just doubled my work load.Yeah to being a volunteer.
Seriously. Can’t a girl catch a break around here? Oh, and it’s Babe Ruth Bobble-head night at Dodger Stadium. I really want to go, but it’s a school night. The Sports Dude will be working the game. It feels like I haven’t seen him awake in a week … thank goodness the team hits the road for about 10 days starting tomorrow. We’re actually going to catch them at Wrigley Stadium next week. Go Blue!
So here we go. Twenty-two more days until the merger. What’s on tap today?
- Yikes. Can’t believe it’s been that long since I updated that brochure. Well, nothing like merging to get you to update some of your older collateral pieces.
- Homework assignment (write my eulogy) done.
- Need to figure out how travel and expenses will work as of October 1.
- Booking flights for my October travel.
- Yoga. From the cramped muscles I have right now, I need more yoga, not less.
- Where is Marty? I need him to sign off on his project.
- Wonder what my new title is going to be?
- Time to put the new tagline to bed and get the new collateral and business cards to print.
- Need to integrate the two employment law blogs. Time to bring some more teams together.
- Need to pull our diversity stats for the overall firm report. Luckily, I do have that … just need to update.
- Met with my counterpart from the other firm on new materials for joint client visits. Need to get him our collateral on the group so we can create a new piece.
Tip: Before merging documents clean them up. Now’s the time to update the numbers, information, representative cases, etc. It’s also a great time to clean out your files. Dump the old and stale.