I know that many of us are watching the marketing, concerned about our clients, our firms, our jobs. Not a day goes by that I don’t check the Dow, the current stock ratings of our clients … are there any trends there that I can see?
I’m also looking for those internal signs on the job. Rainmakers leaving. Executive Director leaving. Key broken off in managing partner’s door.
Here are a few signs that it might be time to update your resume:
- if your firm suddenly switches to a single-tier partnership
- if your firm announces “staffing reviews”
- if your managing partner is not on the slate for the executive committee
- if your firm cancels your holiday party
- if your firm delays associate pay raises by three months
- if your firm is no longer paying for your association fees
- if the toilet paper and paper towels are no longer Charmin soft
Hey, I could be wrong about all of this, but, then again, I might be right.