My daughter is in middle school. The breeding ground for haters and bullies, so it is a conversation we are constantly having in our home.
Thinking back on my middle (then junior) high school days, at the same school, and my experience as an adult, I just told her:
You’re nobody without haters.
Haters are gonna hate. Bullies are going to bully. But really, I think they are just fans and secret admirers, but their egos won’t let them say so.
Think of it this way: You must be doing something right if you are ruffling feathers.
So embrace your bullies and haters.
Over the few weeks there are several Legal Marketing Association-related conferences, in addition to the local chapter and City Group events:
- The international association will be hosting the inaugural P3 Conference (Pricing, Practice Innovation, and Project Management) in Chicago.
- The Bay Area chapter will host their annual Legal Marketing Technology Conference (where, yes, I will be speaking).
- The Southeast Chapter’s Bridging Old Practices with New Ideas.
- The Ohio Chapter’s 2013 Legal Practice Development Institute.
- And my local chapter here in Los Angeles will host our 11th Annual Continuing Marketing Education Conference tomorrow.
Oh, the attacks on the speakers. What we do. What we say.
The attacks on the content. The profession.
It won’t stop all day. And then they’ll get mad when no one engages with them.
I don’t know about you, but when I really don’t like someone or something, I just ignore it. It’s called apathy. I just don’t care.
So, just for today and tomorrow, I will remind all of you to ignore the haters and bullies. As a story teller, I have my own reasoning (ask me about it tomorrow) as to why our haters HATE legal marketers so much.
Continue Reading Haters, bullies, fans and secret admirers – LMA style