Wow. Only seven more days until we go live. In seven days I’ll have a new e-mail, new business cards, a new company. I’ll have to update my online professional life, fill out lots of new paperwork, and traverse a new way of doing my day-to-day activities. I’m excited. However, letting go of anything is difficult even for us risk and change-comfortable GenXers. The marketing department is always in a great position to help those who might not be as comfortable with all the changes. And there are a lot. And the longer you are with a company the harder it is to let anything go. This truly is a time to drop the rock of old ideas. There is no reason to carry them around moving forward. So what’s on tap for today:
- Have to pull the Jew card for Rosh Hashanah. Happy New Year.
- Took another assessment tool for LMA. In addition to long walks in the rain, I enjoy developing meaningful relationships, fixing stuff that’s broken, a desire to know more, and am intrigued with what makes you unique.
- Marty’s project is on press. He’s happy.
- Wow. That’s a stack of paperwork.
- Correct my name in the new system.
- Track down those last few bios I haven’t received back.
- Staff, partner and associate meetings on the new benefits. As a person who likes to know the rules, I love meetings like this.