Well, dear readers, today is the day I have been waiting for all year:
- We hosted our final event this morning, to raves and great success
- The two tables of ten next week have been filled
- The final ads have been placed
And now there are no more firm functions scheduled on my calendar until 2017. No breakfast meetings. No seminars. No client events. The holiday gifts have been ordered. The holiday cards were delivered to the attorneys weeks ago. The e-card lists will be uploaded tomorrow, ready to be sent next week. And I can now breath a sign of relief. I survived 2016. One of the busiest work years of my career.
Sure, I still have things to keep me busy until my vacation: process the attorney business plans, submit my budget, and write my departmental business plan–all of which are overdue. Not to mention that little website project we started. In a weird way, I’m looking forward to clearing out my inbox, and all that alone time with my keyboard and monitor as I dig in.
In such a crazy year, I am so grateful for:
- my team for their dedication and hard work
- the support I received from my colleagues, and the cross-departmental staff at the firm
- my marketing partner for clearing my path so I could do what needed to get done
- the words of thanks and gratitude that kept my team going, especially during these past two months
- my family for forgiving me for the stress that I brought home from the office night after night
The marketing function in a law firm isn’t easy. My job is to make it look effortless. So thank you to Gerson, Brandi, and Ken for being my team. Thank you to Eric, Katie, Piper, and Max for the love in our home.
It is now 5:30 p.m. … and I am going home.